Wednesday, November 30, 2005

The Armadillo Sound


Before last night at the Armadillo Palace, I had never played a gig with my one-man-show where the venue provided a soundman. I alwalys set up my own PA system and just mix the volume of the various instruements from the stage.

A good sound man (or woman) can make you sound good but I didn't know the guy who was doing the sound. I spoke to him on the phone in advance and he did seem like a nice guy and sounded pretty confident about everything.

Before the gig, My real concern was that I might piss the guy off the same way I have pissed off several drummers. I am kind of particular about the mix and turning the whole thing over to someone else is not that easy for me.

When Brandon, the sound man for the Armadillo Palace showed up, I already had all my instruments & mics set up. He was very easygoing & said he wanted to add a mic to the guitar amp and then he plugged everything in. We did a quick sound check and that was it. No Problems at all. It turns out he is a musician also and has a good ear for music. He knows what he is doing and he did a great job.

What a difference a Professional Sound Man can make.

Thanks Brandon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Marc it’s Brandon been a while! contact me through my site sunsetduet.com