Saturday, November 19, 2005

Whooping Cranes











Check out the National Wildlife Federation Whooping Crane Web page

http://www.nwf.org/wildlife/whoopingcrane/

"There is only one wild migratory flock of whooping cranes of about 194 birds. The flock migrates from Wood Buffalo National Park in Canada to Aransas National Wildlife Refuge in Texas. This arduous journey of 2,700 miles takes weeks.In the 1950s, there were less than 20 birds left. Governments and conservation groups helped save the flock. " Read more on the web page - click the link above.


The Whooping Crane is a pretty awesome bird to look at but at the same time still pretty fragile as a species. I haven't visited t the Aransas Refuge for quite a few years now & I hope I get a chance to go down there sometime pretty soon.

I hope the Supergroup "The Whooping Cranes" does happen. I guess we will have to wait and see what Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Willie Nelson decide. I know it would be one hell of a concert/event.

No comments: