Sunday, December 04, 2005

bon appétit


















I decided to try cooking Salmon Patties on my George Forman Grill.

I basically used the same recipe that my mom uses but did change it a little bit also.

Here is the way that I did it:


Open on can of salmon and put it in a mixing bowl & pour some lemon juice on it.

Then chop up some onion, maybe a tablespoon or so & also add about 3 spoonfulls of canned corn (drained). You can leave the corn out but if you do use it, Salmon patties seem to go well with corn so you can use the rest as a side.

Break on egg and stir it up and mix it in with with the salmon and a little tobasco sauce also. Not too much or it will overpower the flavor.

Then crunch up about 5 saltine crackers & mix them in also.

If you want to make more just double everything but one can should make about 8 patties.

Spray some non stick cooking spray in your pre-heated Goerge Forman Gill and put & em on.

I sprinkled some Paul Prudhomes Magic Sasoning on them and shut the grill and let them cook. When they were about done, I turned them over and sprinkled some more seasoning on the other side.

I like the salt free seasoning since I can add the amount of Cajun spice flavor & then use however much salt I want which in this case was none.

I found the (Paul Prudhomes Magic) seasoning blend by the Gumbo File at my local HEB grocery store.


They came out pretty good.




No comments: