Monday, November 14, 2005

Blues for Food

Tonight (sunday) I stopped over and listened to a few tunes a the "Blue Flash" blues jam in Alief. I didn't stick around to jam since I wanted to head over to the Annual Blues for Food drive at the Shakespeare Pub on Memorial.

They were collecting canned food for the Houston Food Bank and had bands playing from 2pm all the way till 2 am. "Spare Time" Murray was going to finish things off with his weekly blues jam.

It is a great tradition and a great cause. I have been going to the Shakespeare Pub ("Home of the Blues") for several years on and off. Tonight was the first time I have ever spoken with the lady who is one of the owners. She seemed like a delightful person & was telling me how the food banks are all low on food because of the recent huricanes.

I have to take me hat off to these folks for making a difference.

No comments: