Saturday, May 12, 2012

Top movie list


I generally don't like "best of" lists but so what?

Here are some of my best of all time movies according to me.  I am not including Gone With the Wind because it didn't have an big impact on me. 

I am however including:

The Wizard of OZ

Star Wars, the first three but not the newer ones.

Jaws

Pulp Fiction

Goodfellas

Terminator

The Lord of the Rings trilogy.  This one was a good book, or 3 books, first but the movies are quite exceptional also. 

To Kill a Mockingbird.  Another good book but the move was great also.

The first Two Godfather movies.

Blair Witch Project.  I am including this because it is a well known low buget movie they got me to shout at the screen.  I couldn't understand why they kept going back to sleep in the tent when that was when bad things would happen.

Hoop Dreams.  I agree with Roger Ebert on this one.  It is a great documentary.


There are quite a few other good movies but these are the ones that come to mind.  I am not including foreign movies but only well known movies that I think top off the list.

I may update this post later and not admit to it but for now it is done.  That is it.




No comments: