Friday, December 31, 2010

an excellent source of cholesterol

Howdy again, happy New Year.

I heard that Snooky is going to be in the big ball on Time Square. I hope she doesn't throw up on everybody.

OK, this one isn't for the vegetarians. And if you got a beef with me for not being a vegetarian, I understand. The only question I have is why do you have those sharp fangs called canine teeth? Are they made for ripping lettuce and carrots apart?

We picked up some T-Bone steaks but they were thinly cut. The problem with a thin steak is that if you cook it too much it gets dry and if you like your steak medium well with a little bit of char on the outside then thin cut won't work too well for that.

We also happened to have some bacon in the fridge so I decided to cuts some slits on the edge of the T-bones and I wrapped each side with a couple of slices of bacon. Before that I putt some garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper on each steak.

Once I had it all put togeather, I cooked them in a large skillet with a couple of tablespoons of cooking oil over a fairly good heat. I used a smaller flat skillet to hold them down once they started cooking.

As far as the tatste test? Don't worry about it. Why do you think they put bacon on meat in fancy restaurants? There are certain things you can't go wrong with taste-wise and bacon wrapped around meat is one of them. It is kind of like melted cheese. That's why people like pizza. If you disagree, then try a pizza with no cheese and get back to me.

Rock on and congratulations to Dick Clark for still being alive.

Happy new year.

No comments: