Sunday, August 22, 2010

Quick Easy Electric Enchiladas

OK folks, Just checking in for a minute; I got several Irons in the fire today.

As I just splained to you, I am busy today. Still, I got hungry and I didn't want to eat something boring. I looked in the fridge and there was some leftover Wolf Brand Turkey Chili from when we had Chili-dogs and also some left-over Rosarita Vegetarian Refried beans. I decided to make me some microwave enchiladas.

I took four corn tortillas and put them on a plate.

Then I put some cheddar cheese in each one, and also a good sized spoonful of Turkey Chile and a little bit of the refried beans and I microwaved them on high for about 45 seconds; long enough for the tortillas to get soft enough to roll up with out breaking them.

After that I added some finely chopped onion, Rolled them up and topped them off with some more chili, some chopped onions, and finally with some cheddar cheese.

I put them back in the microwave on high for about a minute and boom.

Believe it or not, they actually taste pretty much like enchiladas.

Also, You don't have to add the beans. You could use Cheese and Chili only, or if you had some leftover chicken, beef, or even spinach, You could use that or whatever else you like in an enchilada.

Next time you want a Tex-Mex flavor and are in a rush, "Do try this at home"

Later.

No comments: