Monday, August 02, 2010

In the desert, It's hard to remember your name

I had to do some work on the roof of my patio cover today. My rain gutters needed to be reatached and I had to replace some wood and put in some flashing.

It was pretty damn hot so I could only stay up there for so long and I had to come in and cool off. Finally, I decided to wait til tonight and at about 10pm I hooked up a shop light to an extension cord and it was much better.

Tomorrow I have to cut up some dead branches and I had leftovers for dinner.

What else do you want to know?

Oh yeah, I have a mexican built Fender Stratocaster that I have mostly used for a back-up guitar. I did a little work on it the other day to fix a short but I couldn't find the problem. When I put it back togeather it worked just fine. Hopefully it will remain one of life's mysteries and I won't have to worry about it anymore.

Several years back I had bought a set (of 3) Fender Custom Shop "Fat Fities" pickups and installed them in my main Stratocaster that I bought in 1988. I put the pick-ups out of that guitar in the Mexcan Stat, which is black. Then at some point I took one of the pick-ups from the 1988 guitar and put it in the neck pick up position on the mexican. This particular guitar used to have a humbucker in the bridge position but I don't roll that way on strats so I put in a single coil in it's place. I think it is what they called a "Texas Special" or something like that. It has pretty good size fret wire which Fender started doing after Stevie Ray was popular. The good thing about this guitar not being played so much is that the frets are still in good shape and the guitar plays well so I think I need to play it a little more often. You never know.

Well, I hope you got everything you were expecting in visiting my blog today. Customer satisfaction is very important to us here at the one man web log.

Good Morning.

No comments: