Tuesday, August 03, 2010

The absolute best hamburger you ever had in your life!

Aloha from Texas:

I get a weekly email from Jeffrey Gitomer. He is a sales trainer and has a little different spin from some of the standard stuff which is all good but Jeffrey does less re-packaging and he also has a common theme that I really like. He actually believes in taking care of customers and giving a good value. His focus is generally on building relationships with customers and he promotes the idea of using the internet.

It doesn't matter if you are not officially employed as a "salesman" (or woman), the stuff he talks about can help anybody. If you want to sign up for his weekly email, then just do a google search of "Jeffrey Gitomer" and sign up. It is free.

His email this week had some stuff about how to deal with "uncertain economic times". Again, I like Jeffrey and I do recommend that you sign up for his free service but I do not agree with the idea that we are in "uncertain" times now anymore than we have ever been in "uncertain" times. That is the essence of the future. It is always uncertain and our economic situation here in America is pretty much a relative thing. If you just got off a raft (and entered the country legally) and you had previously been living in a poor part of Africa or Pakistan or somewhere where you had to hustle just to have a bowl of rice, then I would say that America is a land of great opportunity that you have never experienced before. If you, on the other hand, have just seen your retirement account shrink over the past couple of years due to the stock market then I would still say that America is land of great opportunity. Nationally, unemployment is at about 9.5%. If you really believe that you are not in the top 90% as far as what you have to offer, then I would recommend that you seek spiritual and emotional guidence and then maybe enroll in community college or learn a trade. Keep in mind that running your own business is probably the best way for someone who has nothing to get a bigger chunk of the pie. Do what ever you like. If you like sewers, be a plumber. It doesn't matter. You can make money if you want to. I figure that at least half of the people who are unemployed could get a job pretty quick if they were willing to make some drastic changes. If you live somewhere where unemployment is way higher than 10% because the factories just got shut down, then move. We have a great highway system and it isn't that hard to do. Just put your mind to it.

OK. Thanks for letting me get that off my chest.

Let me return for my personal quest for excellence:

Today I decided to make the "Best Cheese Burger Ever".

I wanted to use ingredients that I had on hand so I worked with what I had. First I thawed out some hamburger meat and cut up some Russet Potatos. While the french fries were cooking, I prepared the hamburger meat by finely chopping some onion and mixing them in with the meat and also added a couple squirts of "Sweet Baby Ray's" barbeque sauce. Another trick I saw on TV was to make the center of the burger thinner sort of like a doughnut so that you don't end up with a big round hamburger when it cooks.

I also took some bacon and put in the microwave inbetween some paper towels and cooked it where it was pretty well done. I also sliced some tomato and onion and got some pickle slices out of the jar. Of course, I had to have a little bit of lettuce and we had a head of Iceberg so I used that. The other ingredient was grated sharp cheddar cheese.

Now the burgers and fries were almost cooked and the bacon was done also so I toasted some bread using my flat skillet using a little bit of "I can't beleive it's not butter" on one side. I didn't have actual hamburger buns on hand so I used some wheat bread.

I assembled the burgers in this order:

Bottom slice of toasted bread
A little mustard and Miracle whip(for a tangy zip)
pickle slices
Burger
Cheddar Cheese
Bacon Slices (1 peice total per burger)
onion slices
letuce
tomato slices
top slice of bread (also with a little miracle whip and mustard)


That is it. The "Best Barbeque Bacon Cheese Burger" I ever had. It was pretty good and having freshly made french fries with it was nice also.

Now I did try to keep it healthy by cooking the bacon very well and also by using sharp cheddar so I didn't have to use as much. I also cooked the burgers pretty well and put them on a paper towel to drain excess fat.

The idea of making the best hamburger you can make is really important in today's lesson. If you like avacados an mushrooms, or even soy burgers, then you can still make the best burger ever. The general idea is that no matter what you do, do it. Don't fool around. Why the hell not? It is a hell of a lot better to eat your attempt at the best tuna sandwich ever than just eat a tuna sandwich. By the way, finely chopped onions is the trick for a good tuna sandwich but don't overdo it.

So there you have it. The secret to success. Just like the Nike commercials say "Just do it" and maybe you will end up just like Tiger Woods or OJ Simpson. Congratulations in advance.

Keep on Rockin!

No comments: