Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Toad Herder

Hello,

I have been kinda busy lately so I haven't been keeping up my blog entries and I know that the masses and throngs are going to revolt and tear down the castle walls if deprived any further.


I saw two butterflys yesterday and I liked that since it seems like butterflys have not been around that much for several years until last year. This is not a scientific report, just what I noticed.

The other thing I have scientifically deduced is that the toads are back again also. I don't know where they went but last year I started seeing them again and this year I have quite a few in my yard. It makes it kind of time consuming to mow since I don't want to chop them up. I try to mow in a pattern where I start at one side and work towards the side where they have somewhere to go.

As I mow, I have to watch for them hopping and usually just see the grass moving so I know to look out for them.

Toads seem like peaceful creatures and I wish them all the best.

Last night I stopped over at the Abbey Pub to listen to John Richardson, Larry Evans, Dennis Clapp (Applehead), Robert Taylor play the opening set of the Blues Jam. I didn't sign the list and wasn't feeling like playing since I had several other things to take care of. When I walked in they were on stage but not playing. Larry told me that his bass amp was out and asked if I could let them borrow mine. I live about a mile from the Abbey Pub so headed home real quick to get my amp but according to the DPS officer that was stationed near by, I was a little too quick. Actually I went into the light on a yellow and it turned out to be a fast yellow. It was a close call but technechally I did run the light. I was hoping that he would see my driving record and give me a warning but I didn't want to argue with him since I knew he was doing his job. He let me know right away why he pulled me over but he then made me stand back behind my van while he walked around front and looked in it with his flashlight. He then went to his car and pulled me up on the computer. It isn't fun to stand out in front of a police car with the lights flahing and the headlights shining on me but I don't think the guy was trying to treat me bad or anything. It just sucks to get a ticket.

I have to go see Judge Yoeman before December and I am hoping that he will give me a break but I have no plans to make up any stories or call the cop a liar. I have been to Judge Yoeman's court before when he performed a marriage ceremony that I attnended.

I went on home after the ticket and grabbed my amp and carefuly drove back up the Pub.

After that I went back home ate a bowl of Cheerios mixed with grape nuts and then went to bed. I think I had some dreams but I don't know if I remember them. I think you are being a little nosey at this point. You don't need to know all my business.


Long Live the Toads!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Marc.It's me Loyd. I have some free time at the office and have been reading your blog. You are a entertaining writer. Any way just wanted to say hi, since I saw you were playing behind my house at the Bayou Links place recently. Sorry I missed you but will try again. I'm shure you know Vennie Valero passed and was wondering your take on that since we both jamed with his band. Remember when we left the jam to get a fuse? Glad your playing well and doing well.

Loyd

loyd.chandler@amec.com

MarcTwyman said...

Hey Loyd,

Good to hear from you.

I do remember the time we were looking for the fuse.

It is hard to believe that it has been a year and a half since Benny Valereo Passed away.