Saturday, October 28, 2006

LC & KW

I normally don't watch the smooth jazz show that comes on channel 11 sometimes but I had it on earlier with the sound down & I noticed they were featuring guitar players.

I turned it up and it was Larry Carlton & Kirk Whalum doing a song called "Cold Duck"

I have a couple of Larry Carlton LPs but I would have never recognized him. He used to have long hair & now it is short and gray. I always thought he was a good guitar player but I never realized how he could really rip it up. He was doing some strong shit. It was a funk jazz kind kind of sound coming from the bass & drums. They had a keyboard player also but Larry was playing some serious blues riffs and his technical ability is amazing. Very Clean but still mean.

Kirk Whalum was wailing also but I didn't turn it up in time to hear most of what he did.


Thats all I got right now. Got work to do.

No comments: