Monday, April 03, 2006

I like to ride my bicycle

I was driving down my street the other day and saw a garbage sale in progress. I found a ten speed bike that I liked and asked the guy how much? He said $20. I was happy with the price but also didn't want to deprive him and myself of the fun of haggling a little bit. I found a few screwdrivers and some wire cutters and told him that if he threw them in he would have a deal.


The bike is a Raliegh and technically it is a womans model but I don't need a bar on my bike to prove I am a man. It is a mauve color and has some nice features like center pull brakes, quick release front wheel, a decent seat and some nice shifter mechanisms. It also has brand new tires that don't leak. Whoever set it up knew what they were doing. All of the brake and shifter adjusments are just right. I took a few minutes to adust the seat height and handlebars and was ready to cylce.

Yesterday I rode for about 20 minutes and tonight I went about 25. Since I rode after tonight dark I wore my reflective safety vest. I guess I am really getting to the age where I don't care what people think. The only thing I need now is a safety helmet which I plan to buy very soon.


Not much else to report except I did notice it is big trash day tomorrow and one of my neighbors is throwing away a couple of sections of chain link fence and also a chain link gate which I think will work well around our patio for the dogs. I have to sneak over there in a little bit and try to get it without getting noticed. Maybe I still do care a little bit what people think.

1 comment:

MarcTwyman said...

Just a quick update:

Someone else apparently wanted the chain link fence also.

It was gone.