Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Sad News


I heard some bad news. Benny Valerio has passed away.

He has been around playing Texas Blues for a long time. You can find out more about his music on his web site http://www.maneevents.com/texasthunder/


I knew Benny from his Blues jams that he would host out here on the west side of town. He was a hell of a guitar player. As a guitar player and also a person, he didn't hold anything back. You always knew exactly where you stood with him.

Benny and his brother Danny had played music togeather for quite a few years. Danny is a bass guitar player and whenever I saw them on stage, I would always get a mental picture of them playing as teenagers. You could just see it. I don't know the exact way to explain it but it was something of a happy moment each time. Just great to see two brothers who had played music togeather so much of thier lives.

Danny is a great guy and I wish him the best. I know this is a tough time for him.

The Service for Benny will be at 1:00 this Friday the 20th at Houston National Cemetary on Veterans Mermorial.

No comments: