Thursday, January 12, 2006

The Revenge of George Lucas

I watched most the final Star Wars movie (Episode whatever) on DVD last night & I think it was eve worse that the last two.

The Original Star Wars was one of my favorite all time movies and also the next two in that series.

The acting was much better. The characters were much better and the overall feel of the movie. It was a little bit Disneyish and they had Harrison Ford and Chewbaca making it kind of comical. They Would be about to get shot out of the sky and trying to get the ship in to hyperdrive but it was still not that serious a moment in the movie. It would get a little more serious when Darth Vadar was in a scene but at the same time it was more like Cruealla Devill from 101 Dalmations.

The one I watched last night was all special effects but didn't have any interesting characters and no scenes even close to the Cantina Scene in the first movie and no characters like Jaba the Hut. The Aniken Skywalker Character (Who became Darth Vadar) is not even an actor. I can't believe they used him again after his sorry performance in the last movie.

The other thing that sucked was that even though they went back in time to before the time Luke and Lea (sp?) were born, it seemed like there were more advanced looking robots than in the first movie which was supposed to be chronoligically later. It seemed like they were just trying to make it fit at the end by having the babies born and being named by the dying mom just so they could connect the dots & also the way they handled Darth Vadar becoming Darth Vadar was lame also. The viewer knew the whole time that he was going to fall in the burning lava or what ever it was and get deformed.

There were so many lame things that I don't want to take time to list them all but one thing was when they had the scene near the end with Darth Vadar and his new Master Dude looking out into space and what looked like the frame of the Death Star in it's initial construction stages was out there. It doesn't make sense that it would take the same amount of time it took Luke and the princess to grow up as it would take to build a Death Star. Especially if you have the Dark Lord himself overseeing the project.

There was no art in this movie.

But it is Star Wars so I will probably watch it again some time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I AGREE WITH YOU ABOUT THE OLD STAR WARS MOVIES BUT I DO LIKE THE NEW ONES ALSO.

LORD OF THE RINGS IS MY CURRENT ALL TIME FAVORITE.

MarcTwyman said...

Rich,

My fellow nerd,


It's just me here. You can use "LOTR"

And it is right up there with the original Star Wars. I never thought they would be able to make the book into a movie and get it right.

I only wish that there were more LOTR written so we could have more movies.

Unless they come out with a current Xena Warrior Princess Movie, I guess we are going to be stuck with Harry Potter. I do think the current Harry Potter release is the best one so far.