Friday, July 23, 2010

id speaks to ego

I decided to play a few tunes on my accoustic guitar this morning. It goes well with a cup of coffee. After a while, I remembered a dream that I had last night where I was looking for the particular guitar I was playing. In the dream, I was looking around and couldn't find it and finally I remembered it was in its case (where I always keep it). Thats the whole story so I hope you are not disapointed. Still it stuck me as interesting that it seemed like I had made a decision to play my guitar when I was still asleep.

It is funny how sometimes we take things for granted. Just a while ago I was hungry and decided to "settle" for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Then I started to think about it. The fact is that it was a damn good sandwich and even though it sounds like a cliche, there are people all over the world that would appreciated just having a couple of pieces of bread. Same thing with peanut butter or even peanuts.

I know my regular readers will think I am in a slump here but it doesn't get any more real than peanut butter. Peanut butter shows how much human beings have advanced. At some point someone had to dig up the first peanut and eat it. Somone figured out that peanuts were better to eat when they were cooked and the next thing you know someone was eating chocolate and bumped in to someone eating peanut butter and the rest is all marketing history. That may seem boring to you but if you thought of it first then you would be the millionaire and not senior Reeces so I don't want any sour grapes.

Grapes is another good example. Whoever thought up how to make wine out of grapes had to have an intitive imagination. As long as it takes wine to ferment, it wasn't something that they didn't have to really think about and be patient with. I guess it was more of an accident like reeces peanut butter cups and someone left some grape juice in a container and forgot about and then decided to drink it anyway and liked the buzz. This is going to call for some research.

No comments: