Saturday, July 24, 2010

David and Kathleen Bagby




Last night I was watching an episode of Dateline NBC and it was a story about a man named Andrew Bagby that was murdered by his girlfriend and then it turned out the girlfriend was pregnant. She was indicted for the murder of Andrew but fled to Canada, where she was from, and the Canandian court system didn't extridite her back the USA for trial but instead let her out on bail.

The Grandparents of the baby, Zach, moved to Canada to be close to the baby and in the end the crazy girlfriend killed herself and the grandbaby. It was really a sad story but it was also very compelling just how decent the grandparents were in the way they tried to do everything they could to help Zach and aftewards they helped get the laws changed in Canada.


Compared to anything I have ever seen on TV David and Kathleen Bagby are the most amazing couple ever. God Bless those folks.


Here is a link to a story about a scholarship fund set up in the memory of Zach:





Here is a link to and an excerpt from a story about the murder suicide:



Turner, infant son found dead

Dr. Shirley Turner's attorneys thought their client was ready to face a September hearing in her continuing legal efforts to avoid extradition to the United States to face a murder charge in the shooting death of Dr. Andrew Bagby, of Latrobe, once her lover and father of her 13-month-old son, Zachary....




Here is a link to an article about the documentary made about the Dad, Andrew, that was intended to be given to Zach. It now turns out to be a tribute to both of them and also the amazing grandparents, David and Kathleen Bagby. There is nothing that can be done to replace the losses they have faced but I hope they find some peace and happyness. They really do deserve it.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are amazing.. I could barely get through the movie, I dont know how they survived the ordeal in real life. Thoughts and prayers are with them.

Anonymous said...

David and Kathleen I wish I could give you both a hug and not say a word and bring back your loved ones. If there was anyone on this earth that deserved that it would be you two.

Anonymous said...

Just watched the film in lenzie, Scotland, after my husband saw it highly rated. Not what we were expecting but my pain at watching is nowt compared to the pain those who loved them went through. At the end my husband asked if I regretted watching it and my answer was no, your film will stay with me, and I hope it does, so that I not only value what I have, but I have the model of resilience to go forward with. May those who loved them have an endless store of resilience and love x