Friday, December 14, 2007

2001, A Technical Odyssey

2001 may sound futuristic to some folks but not to the kids thesedays. That is about when my computer was built and I have a dial-up connection.

I don't have an Ipod or a Zune. No Blackberry or DVD Burner. No Cable TV either.

It is one of my soon to be New Years resolutions to get caught up with some of the current technology.

I want to have a new computer so I can do some home recording to make a new CD & I hope to get a faster Internet Connection also.

We will see how it goes.

I did just get a digital TV a couple of weeks ago when my 14 year old Toshiba went out. I bought an off brand one this time and it seems to work just fine. I never new there were alternative broadcasts for Channels 2, 11, 13, & also the pbs station.

I do want to thank Micheal-Ann & Gordy for helping me by converting my DVD tracks so that they can be uploaded to Youtube and other Internet sites. Very kind people in deed. Also, Eric who offered to help also. He is the guy who converted the songs on my CD to MP3s so I could put them on the Myspace Bands Page.

No comments: