Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Hollywood!







Hello,
I just wanted to say "Hello to all the little people"
You know, Tiny Elvis & the rest of you.
I bought a DVD recorder at Wal-Mart and I am going to hook my Video Camera up to it and also a mixing board with some Condensor Microphones and make a DVD. That is my plan anyway. I was going to buy a Digital Camera but I thought it would work better this way & also I can record straight to a DVD. The DVD will hold up to an hours worth of recording so that should be plenty for 10 or 12 songs plus a few bonus tracks. It will give me an excuse to goof around with the video camera and pretend like I am working on a "production"
I went to Guitar Center last night and bought a couple of Microphone Stands and some cables & I was lucky enough to have a couple of friends who were kind enough to loan me some Condensor Microphones.
I am going to experiment with it. I may just try running my main mixer right into the Recorder but I want to try using the condensors so I can catch the sound of the maracas and also use the Reverb Tank on the Vocals as well as use the Overdrive on the Harmonica.
My plan is to learn the best way to set it up by recording at home first and then carry everything to a couple of live shows & record a little bit like that.
If all goes well I think I will by myself an Island. Otherwise I may need to borrow a couple of bucks next time I see you.
Thanks.

No comments: