Monday, September 11, 2006

Mose Allison


My friend Eddy gave me a CD yesterday when I played a the Gravity Bar. It was an extremely nice gesture.

I got a chance to listen to alot of it on the drive home from Gavleston & it is some pretty cool stuff.

Here is a link where you can hear parts of the songs on that same CD:






http://www.amazon.com/Allison-Wonderland-Anthology-Mose/dp/samples/B0000033AH/ref=dp_tracks_all_1/104-7534978-1738336?ie=UTF8#disc_1


Mose plays piano and does the vocals. It is some good music. Eddy told me he really like the lyrics and I agree.

I had to listen close to tell excatly what it was but he has this thing he does where he kind of scats along with the piano riffs but it is kind of like a growl (sort of) & is not real loud but it sounds cool as hell.

I looked at his discogrophy page and it looks like he has been recording since 1988.
Check him out for your own self.

If you like it, then you might be hip.

No comments: