Friday, February 11, 2011

Mubarak is done


The people have spoken in Egypt and Mubarak is out.

I hope they are able end up with a representative form of government that is not oppressive. There is no doubt the terrorists will try to step in but I am encouraged that there has not been alot of anti-American rhetoric attached to this revolution.
I heard that Twitter and Facebook were the conduits for the whole thing. I imagine that social network sites will be shut down from here on out many countries around the world where the people do not get a voice in the government.
I now join with all Americans in wishing the people of Egypyt the best.
Here is a video of some of the celebrations:
I like the one where the Taxi Driver put flags on his windshield wipers and pushed them forward so the flags were waving.
It is really touching to see the people so happy. I know things can get messy during a transition of power but Damn, I hope these poeple get to stay happy.

No comments: