Friday, October 22, 2010

The Staircase

I just got done with watching a Documentary called "The Staircase"

We got it on Netflix.

Learn more about it here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0388644/

I give this one a good rating because it is well done and has an interesting subject matter. Actually, there are a few different interesting aspects.

It is about the trial of Michael Peterson, an author, from Durham, NC. He was accused of murdering his wife. I won't tell you how it ends so as not to ruin the show if you decide to watch it.

I would have liked to have seen a little more of the trial but that wasn't entirely the focus of the documentary so I understand. Also, from watching the extra features on the DVD, I learned that the Prosecution stopped giving full access to the film maker after about 3 months into the process.

Check it out if you like this kind of thing. Theare are a several interesting charactars; Particularly the lady who is part of the prosecution team. She is almost like a cartoon character in some ways. I don't say that in a negative way. She is just who she is and happens to have developed or inherietied quite a persona.

No comments: