Sunday, January 17, 2010

Relgion vs Darwin???

I understand that back when people thought the earth was flat it would have been considered herecy to say the world was round.

Personally, I think Ben Franlin would have understood. Ben is one of those guys that even though everybody in the world knows they were amazing, my typical reaction when I read about him is to be astounded at how incredible a dude he was. Just like listening to Mozrt. Ben is the kind of guy who could do all the different things he did and at the same time do everything that you or I did and do it better.

If you want to share in my Amazement, then do a Google Search and read up on him.

I mention Ben because he was a scientist and it is quite evident that he did not see that as an attack or even in conflict with his personal religious views. I don't think Darwin was trying to make any kind of statement about religion when he did his science & I am pretty sure he "got" that. He was just being a scientist.

I got started thinking about this after watching a PBS special about DNA. I think it was an "episode" of Nova.

To me, It doesn't attack the idea that God made the world in "seven days" to consider that he may have done it using "evolution". If you think about it, a "day" is how long it takes the world to spin around one time. But when God made the world, it wasn't spinning. Who are we to assume how long a "day" was for God? Why is that Shakespere didn't have to just lay everything out? When they made me read Shakespeare in English, I had no idea what the story was about. We had to write a book report about it and everybody pretended like they just got it. I didn't. Why shouldn't God be allowed to write like that? Why would it be sacrilege to assume that God would write in his own astoundng style. He is afterall God.


OK, Back to the Sunday School Science Lesson:

Wait, I see the bell is fixing to ring and I don't want you to be late for Churh and we will pick up where we left of last week.

No comments: