Sunday, June 14, 2009

Ive fallen and and I cant get up



I thought I was all ready for the switchover from anolog to digital. I had even passed the test when they did it on the news. They said if you can see the broadcast now you are ready. I had sent off for the coupon for the converter box but since I passed the test, I did not buy one. I think I even posted about that here. When the official switch happened the o ther day I could still get a few channels but about half of them would not come through. I guess I was getting the channels that were being transmitted in digital but not high definition.


I had several choices. One is to get cable TV or buy a new TV or maybe buy a DVD recorder that would convert the signal, Or do what I did and just head over to my friendly Neighborhood Walmart and buy a converter box. It took me a while to get over the fact that my coupons had expired and I didn't want to wait on the federal government so I just paid full price which is about $49.

I felt kind of embarrased walking through the store with the Converter box. I was worried that someone would see me and I would have to explain that I don't have cable TV or an up to date TV. I did make it out of the store safely and I got everything all hooked up and I am able to use my existing DVR which is set up to take in an analog signal.

No comments: