Thursday, May 14, 2009

Nice People don't tell kids about Santa Clause




Speaking of "Nice People", Today I was getting off the freeway and needed to get over 3 lanes to take a right turn and there was a lady who actually slowed down and let me over. I know it is the law to yield to vehicles coming off the freeway but it isn't something that drivers in Houston usually do. Thanks Lady.

The other night I was clicking around on the Color TV set and there wasn't much on and I got stuck watching a show I don't even like. I don't like the idea of giving away magic tricks. It is much more entertaining to watch the trick and be mystified.

On this particlular episode they kept doing teasers showing how to make a street car vanish before your eyes. When they finally got to the end of the show and showed how it was done, They showed the trick and then went into the part of how it is done. The announcer for the show then says that this trick can only be done on TV and it only works becuase they point the camera at the front of the curtain over the bus while they drive the bus off of the set out of the camera's view. What a lame show.

I haven't had time to really work in the Garden too much lately but I am surprised to see that the lettuce is coming back and the spinich is now pretty much wiped out. Everything else is growing fine and at a pretty good pace. I am not seeing any squash or tomatoes yet but the plants seem to be growing pretty well. I will have to add some stakes pretty soon and I will probably plant (or transplant) something else where the spinache was unless it comes back. I don't know anything about growing spinnach or lettuce but I do like the idea of being able to make a real garden salad.

No comments: