Saturday, February 10, 2007

Get in the Road

I always liked that song. It may be called "in the Middle of the Road" The Pretenders were one of my favorite 80s bands & that song in particular. I love the lyrics and also the delivery.

Come on Baby
Get in the Road!
Oh yeah baby
in the middle of the road

Then she does the meow & breaks into the Harmonica Solo.

It is not a blues song but at the same time it is. To me anyway.


Last night I got to meet another cool person. Tre Ridings came out to the show at Molly's Pub to do what he does. He is a professional Photagraper & he is (professional). He had a job to do and it wasn't his first time to do it. When they want pictures of the big Rock Stars, He is a guy that they call. They also called him to take pictures of me.


The story and the pictures are for a "local bands" feature but I don't think he would have done it much different if I was a major rock star.

He took photos in two settings. Quite a few of me doing the One Man Band Show and also some out by the Street. That was his suggestion. Right next to the street in fact. He told me to bring a guitar and had me sit on the curb & also took some standing up. He told me where and how to stand and sit and also where to look. Being Saturday Night, Westhemier was busy and I really liked the idea of being out in the road. That is what the Blues is sort of about anyway. Or maybe not so much what it is about but it just kind of fits.

Again, I am not going to lie, It was cool experience.

Look for the pictures in the Feb 22nd Weekend Preview Section of the Houston Chronicle and also on thier Web Site. I will post a link when they get it on there.


Adios Amigos!










No comments: