Thursday, December 21, 2006

More Amazing News

That's what you want so that's what you get.

The first big news is that I built a cart.

Excieted?

Well, There is more.

It is collapsable. The walls will fold down so I can load it in my truck.

Keep your cool here. I know that is alot of news but Somebody has to live in my world.

It should make it much easier to load up my equipment and since I used hinges for the sides, I can more easily fit it in my truck.

I started thinking about it when I played at the Balinese and the actual club is a long walking distance (Relatively) from where I Parked (on land).

I bought one of those furniture movers with four caster type wheels. They swivel and roll. I took the wheels off and put them on some 2x4s and put a piece of plywood on top of that. Then I used hinges from Home Depot to connect the side walls. I connected the front and back walls with hinges so that when you fold the side walls down then the front walls fold down on top of them.

I will keep you updated on this exciting information. Email me if you have questions.

Since I had bought a more powerful bass amp I decided I needed an additional Speaker Cabinet for it & I purchased a 600 Watt Speaker from Carvin (carvin.com) I am going to put it in a PA speaker box that I already have and see how it sounds. I will probably use it and the speaker box that I already have. At least in bigger venues anyway. My current speaker is rated at 400 watts so I will be a little less worried about the 600 watts speaker getting fried by the 450 watt amp. Probably wont happen but if it did I would be dead in the water and you know we don't want that.

I also stopped by Radio Shack and bought some connectors to make a new speaker cable. I already have some speaker wire so I will probably solder that tonight depending on how I feel.


There you have it. Enough Exciting news to keep you going for weeks.

I am playing my third anual Eve of Christmas Eve (Dec 23rd) Concert this Saturday night at the Stag's Head Pub. Stop on by if you get tired of the corporate hype and have an ale or soda pop. They make some good food also. It is an authentic English Pub with barstools and everything.

No comments: